“It helps to discover, connect and promote new blogs and bloggers. It used to be for blogs under 2000 readers and as the reward gained popularity it has lowered to only 200 readers or less…”- Liliia
First off, I like to thank Liliia of Bring Your Baby Abroad blog for this nomination. I appreciate her support so much! Upon starting this blog a little over two weeks ago, her blog was one of the first blog’s I came across via Art. Travel. Eat. Repeat. who had done an interview with her about her & her family. In which I immediately re-blogged. Let me start by saying her baby is absolutely adorable, but they also bring an interesting family dynamic. It may be unorthodox or taboo to some, but I find it marvelous. They travel all over the world with their child. It is inspirational to me to say the least, because too often you hear of people quitting on their dreams and charging it to “life,” “I had kids & settled down…” etc…etc… They found a way to merge the two worlds beautifully & their story should be shared.
The rules of the Liebster reward:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide the link to their blog.
- Answer their questions.
- List the rules in your post.
- Display the award somewhere on your post/blog.
- Write 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs and inform them of their nomination.
- Provide 11 questions for these bloggers.
10 Questions I was asked to answer:
- What pushed you to write your blog?
Ever since reading the Happiness of Pursuit by Chris Guillebeau I have wanted to start a blog. He recommended WordPress along with a bunch of other tips as to how to start & run a successful blog, but I lacked motivation at the time.
- What are the biggest challenges you face with your blog?
I am still trying to find what makes me , ME. Each blog seemingly has a dedicated theme. I tend to blog about everything and anything that catches my attention. Maybe that is the beauty behind the madness. I don’t know. Also, with my writing. Sometimes I struggle with topics (ea. whats worth writing about, whats worth posting, etc…)
- Do you think traveling changed you? If yes, how?
Yes, being well-traveled is a key ingredient in being a well-rounded individual. It is funny how far you need to travel sometimes in order to find yourself. Learning experiences are endless through travel, you learn a lot about yourself and the world around you.
- What bothers you the most while traveling?
I am child sized. No matter where I go I get the “are you lost little girl?” look. It can become annoying. A über driver told me to put my seat belt on, that he had kids my age. when I aged how old he said 13 & 14. I was 24 at the time. Another time while in Orlando I was at the liquor store (in which they call a bar, so confusing) and the clerk wouldn’t accept my i.d. he thought it was fake. My response being, “i am a long ways from home to be running back for my birth certificate, what other proof do I need?”
- What typical souvenirs do you usually bring home from any trip?
I am old-fashioned with the traditional postcards, but I also have a thing with lighters. I am one to grab a family member or friend little trinkets saying things like “you went to …..& only brought me back this lousy key chain.” I think stuff like that is hilarious.
- What is your biggest dream/goal in life?
My biggest dream in life is to live a life well lived. If that makes any sense. I want to take advantage of every opportunity to travel everywhere.
- What little thing could everyone do to help make the world a better place?
I am going to go ahead& just quote a Michael Jackson classic “it starts with the man (woman) in the mirror.” Positive energy is contagious.
- What was your biggest challenge in life and how did you overcome it?
My biggest challenge was overcoming homelessness during my youth. To be honest I do not think that is something you ever completely get over, but I overcame it by being my biggest supporter and taking initiative for myself.I still feel resentment from it, but I continue to overcome by now trying to be there for other children in need. I am working on establishing a non-profit that will help prevent youth homelessness. & I am active in a number of children lives that I mentor.
- What do you do with all your pictures once you are back home?
I love taking pictures. Usually I post the originals immediately to my social network. I have a thing with organizing pictures to albums (ea. travel, summer 16′, etc..) But also I like to edit them on apps like prisma that make them look artsy.
- What tip would you give to other travelers?
Pack lightly. I have made this mistake too many times and I always end up paying for it in the long run.
- What do you think of selfie sticks? (I stole this question from someone but very eager to hear the answer)
Conflicted. I get the concept of it, I have little arms and struggle with getting group selfies from certain angles and etc…, but it just seems like an unnecessary accessory out of all things. Every time I see someone use them it does look a bit ridiculous, but to each their own.
10 random facts about me:
- It took me 6 high schools in order to graduate.
- I split my chin open twice in the same place.
- I can count in 3 different languages.
- I played soccer for 7 years, including travel soccer for the mayor of my city & would someday like to coach youth soccer.
- I have a weird obsession with everything Peter Pan .
- I have a white monkey stuffed animal named Russ that I had since I was 5, that I refuse to let go of.
- I used to work for Gillette Stadium & do photography for Monster Trucks.
- I am establishing a non-profit that helps prevent youth homelessness in my home state.
- I used to have an extremely weird phobia of whales, although my first time seeing one in person was at Sea World in 2014. Still wouldn’t want to end up in the water with one!!!!
- I love to sing, but I sound horrible!!
My Questions for you all:
- Where is the most interesting place you have been?
- What’s #1 on your Bucket list? (assuming you had one)
- What experiences in your life helped you build character?
- What makes you, YOU?
- What is your all time favorite book or movie?
- Whats your biggest fear?
- Who is your favoirte athlete? (former or current)
- Any fun or funny work experiences or professions?
- What are some riduclous fashion statements that you tried to pull off, but now look back on & wish you never went there?
- If you wrote a book what would it be called?
- What is your favorite childhood past time?